Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In my nightmares...

Many teacher bloggers wrote about their school anxiety dreams over the past few weeks. Mine incidentally started the exact same week I had seen the topic pop up on other blogs. I haven't had different dreams, but rather the same recurring one a total of 3 times in the past 3 weeks. It's strange because it's different than my usual---I can't control the kids no matter what I try--one. This time it's about leaving my old school and starting new. In my new dream I go to my new school and my new principal welcomes all the teachers and announces that he as hired a new Assistant Principal he wants everyone to meet. He goes on to introduce my old principal, who I absolutely despise who says that he basically sucked as a principal (true!) and thought he'd give being an AP a try and since I was at the school he already knew someone. I fake a smile and pretend to be happy to see him (as I always did at my old school). From then on, all of my old administrators appear and even some of my crazier former colleagues all working at my new school. In one version of the dream one of my trusted and competent former colleagues appears tapping on my classroom window begging to be let in. I am overcome by this feeling of--- I thought it would be different, but it's all the SAME!!!!---and them I'm jolted awake so thankful that the incompetents and crazies are not coming with me and a little bit sad for the wonderful people I left behind.

No comments: