Monday, October 13, 2008

You never know

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post.  It really helps to know that others understand the constant chaos and demands in a NYC public school.  We did the presentation on Friday morning and it was well-received by one out of the three administrators, but who knows? 

Administrators often say one thing and then turn around and do another.  It's really a shame to say this, but in my experience you really cannot trust administrators, no matter how great they may come off at first.  I am trying to be supportive of administration, an advocate for my students, a collaborative colleague, and a hard worker.  I felt respected by the last administration for having these qualities and I'm hoping the new administration will feel the same way.  I am willing to work with them, but I will (at any cost) stand up for my students and for what I feel is right.  

The principal came by my room on Friday and told me that she liked the presentation we did.  She then continued to ask me questions about how we implement the things we had presented into our classroom.  I showed her some examples, but I told her that if she really wants to understand how this all works, she needs to come in and see it for herself.  She needs to know our children and see how they function in our classrooms.  Hopefully she will take me up on this offer.  

No comments: